Child Protection and Safeguarding
The latest Government guidance on Safeguarding can be found here.
All staff, including temporary staff and volunteers are subject to stringent background checks including clearance with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure their suitability for working with children.
See below to see Adderley Primary Schools Designated Safeguarding Leads.Child Protection Poster_Rich_A3
Whilst the prime focus of Adderley Primary School is to secure the best educational provision for the child, the school believes that the safety, welfare and care of children is paramount. We are therefore committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted into our care at all times. Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy is available in the Policies Section.
We ensure that arrangements are in place for:
• all reasonable measures to be taken to minimise the risks of harm to children’s welfare
• all appropriate actions to be taken to address concerns about the welfare of a child, or children, working to agreed local policies and procedures in full partnership with other local agencies
• all persons working at this school to be made aware of this policy
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff of the school will often, by virtue of their day to day contact and knowledge of the children, be well placed to identify such abuse and offer support to children in need.
In order to protect our children, we aim to:
• Create an atmosphere where all our children can feel secure, valued and listened to
• Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
• Respond quickly and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
• Monitor and support children at risk
• Use the curriculum to raise children’s awareness, build confidence and skills
• Work closely with parent/carers and support external agencies
• Ensure that all adults within our school/service who have access to children have been checked as to their suitability
Adderley Primary School will support all children by:
• Encouraging self-esteem and appropriate self-assertiveness whilst not condoning aggression or bullying
• Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the school.
• Liaising and working together with all other support services and those agencies involved in the safeguarding of children
• Notifying Social Care Services via the approved mechanisms as soon as there is a significant concern.
• Providing continuing support to a child about whom there have been concerns who leaves the school by ensuring that appropriate information is forwarded under confidential cover to the child’s new school.
Resolution of Professional Disagreements flow chart: THE WELFARE OF THE CHILD IS PARAMOUNT
|10 Members of staff and 2 Governors||HES training for designated senior persons|
|5 Members of staff and 4 Governors||Safer Recruitment Training|
|All Staff and Governors||Child Protection Training|
|All Staff and Governors||Safeguarding Training|
|All staff and Governors||Raising Awareness to Prevent (WRAP)|
|All staff and Governors||Keeping Children Safe in Education|
|All staff and Governors||Tackling Extremism and Radicalisation|
|All staff||Tackling Domestic Violence|
|All staff||Tackling FGM|
|All staff||Working Together to Safeguard Children|
|All staff||Right Services, Right Time|
|All staff||British Values|
|All staff||Unicef Rights Respecting School|
|All teaching staff||Mental Health and Attachment|
|All teaching staff||Team Teach|
|All teaching staff||Stonewall – Tackling Homophobia|
|All teaching staff||Support LAC in school|
|Pastoral Care Team||Common Assessment training|
|Pastoral Care Team||Promoting positive mental health in schools|
|Senior Leadership Team||PVE - Safeguarding against Violent Extremism – Managers training|
|Senior Leadership Team||Spectrum of Child Protection Exploitation|
|Senior Leadership Team and Support Staff||Attendance - Spotlight Training|
|Senior Leadership Team||Area Network Meetings|
|Senior Leadership Team||District Network Meetings|
|Senior Leadership Team||Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board forum|
|Senior Leadership Team||Birmingham MASH Launch|
|Senior Leadership Team||Safeguarding Briefing|