Welcome to Adderley Primary School
We welcome you all to our amazing school and our fantastic website!
Please have a look around our website, where you will find lots of information about all the different things going on in school. We publish our termly Adderley Voice magazine to share with you what we have been learning and the fun experiences our teachers provide for us. We also have regular updates on our BLOG so that everyone can keep up to date with life here at Adderley. We hope that you enjoy exploring our website and find it useful. If there is anything that you would like to let us know, then please use the YOUR SAY, YOUR SCHOOL online form. We would love to hear from you all!
The Children of Adderley
- I am delighted to welcome you to our website. Adderley Primary School is a caring and welcoming, child-centred school which promotes children's rights and works closely with UNICEF to uphold a rights respecting ethos. We have high expectations of all our children and look for ways to enable them to find their strengths and reach their potential. We recognise that children learn best when their self-esteem is high and therefore, we have designed a curriculum, alongside pastoral support, that enables every child to have confidence in themselves.
I am fortunate to work with a team of staff who are dedicated and hard working. Together, we provide interesting learning experiences for the children, whether these are in the classroom, on educational visits or in our many extra-curricular clubs. We want our children to have life skills which will help them to become responsible citizens and prepare them for life in modern Britain.
Our Governors are constantly looking for ways in which we can make the school even better so that Adderley Primary School can continue to evolve, providing an education appropriate for our children's futures. I hope you will enjoy exploring our website and find it useful and informative, giving you an insight into life at Adderley Primary School.
If you wish to visit our school please do so any time. We look forward to seeing you.
Mrs Rizvana Darr
Following the guidance from the DfE the school has made the following arrangements to keep your child safe in school if they are being educated on site:
• We have increased the number of entrances and exits for drop off and collection.
• Shared equipment is cleaned regularly between bubbles.
• There are hygiene stations in all classrooms and different areas around school.
• The children will continue to be taught how to wash their hands effectively.
• Hand washing will take place regularly throughout the day.
• Children will be kept in class bubbles during the day.
• All children are facing one way, where possible, in the classroom and in the dining hall.
• The playground has different zones to keep the bubbles / year groups separate.
• The school has PPE stations in various locations around the school.
• The School Nurse will be taking random temperature checks of children.
• The School Nurse will be going into all classrooms. She will teach the children about Coronavirus and answer any questions they have.
• The School Nurse will also explain the importance of the routines in school such as frequent handwashing and toileting regimes.
Latest News from Adderley
The Adderley House Score Board
Check in here for our trips and school activities