IN LINE WITH THE PUBLIC SECTOR EQUALITY DUTY
Our equality objectives are:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model learning and teaching behaviours that avoid labelling.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.
At Adderley Primary School, we are committed to equality of opportunity in line with the Equality Act 2010. We shall endeavour to make a positive contribution to society by demonstrating qualities such as respect, co-operation and valuing differences while celebrating cultural diversity. This commitment applies to our work in the classroom, our pupil support systems, our recruitment and retention of staff and our work in the local and wider community.
We promote the principles and practices of equality and justice throughout the school and we aim to be a school where everyone:
- is respected and respects others
- takes part in the life of the school
- achieves to their potential
- develops skills essential to life
- exercises choice
- celebrates cultural diversity
As an employer we will not discriminate on any of the following:
- Gender re-assignment
- Religion and belief
- Sexual orientation
- Marriage and civil partnership
Nor as a school or employer will we accept any of the following:
- Direct discrimination
- Indirect discrimination
- Associative discrimination
- Harassment by a third party
For more information on the Equality Act 2010 please click here Equality Act 2010: guidance – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)