The new Government initiative means that all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to free school meals regardless of family income.
Please use our free school meal checking service by clicking here to find out if you are eligible. You will only need to put in a few basic details into the online form and it will be able to tell you whether your child is entitled to free school meals.
School dinners are served daily in the hall. Payment for these meals can be made between Monday and Wednesday for the week or term. The cost of school meals is £11.50 per week. Children of parents receiving Income Support are entitled to free school meals and can obtain the appropriate form and information from the School Office.
Dinner money should be placed in an envelope clearly marked with the child’s name and class, the day and the amount of money enclosed and handed in at the front office. Envelopes can be obtained from the school office.
From September 2018, the school will be using ParentMail and will only accept payments via the app.
Children may bring sandwiches for dinner by prior arrangement with the school. Sandwiches must be brought to school in a lunch box (which is clearly labeled with the child's name and class) or suitable plastic container. In the light of the Government's healthy eating guidelines, and as a result of consulting parents, we have agreed that children are not allowed chocolates, sweets or fizzy drinks in their packed lunches.
We encourage that packed lunches contain the following healthy items:
- A good portion of starchy food, e.g. thick sliced wholemeal bread, chapatti, pitta pocket, pasta or rice salad.
- Plenty of fruit and vegetables, e.g. an apple, satsuma, handful of cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks or a mini-can of fruit chunks.
- A portion of lean meat, fish or alternative, e.g. chicken, tuna, egg or hummus.
- A portion of semi-skimmed milk or dairy food e.g. a pot of yoghurt or an individual cheese portion.
- A drink, e.g. a fruit juice, semi skimmed milk or water.
We will ensure that all children eat well and finish their meals. If for some reason children have not eaten all their food, we will inform you and your child will bring home their uneaten packed lunch so that you can see what they have eaten at lunchtime.
Click here to view current Dinner Menus Adderley Menu Summer 2018