“Human resources are like natural resources; they’re often buried deep. You have to go looking for them, they’re not just lying around on the surface.” Sir Ken Robinson
OUR STAFF ARE ALWAYS TALENT SPOTTING!
We are very keen on identifying talented children early and very proud of the provision that we make for our talented learners at Adderley Primary School! It is extremely important to us that we meet the needs of our children who may excel in practical skills such as sport, leadership, artistic performance, or in an area of vocational skill. Hence, our hard working team of staff have developed a range of opportunities and initiatives to inspire and challenge talented children including:
- Talented Art Club – Running every Thurdsay, our talented artists gain considerably from this personalised extra-curriculum that gives increased emphasis to ﬂexibility, creativity and autonomy.
- University visits – Every year children are selected to attend workshops at the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge or Birmingham City University. They take part in a range of master classes and enrichment activities, ranging from History to Science.
- Outreach at KES – Our talented linguists take part in the Europe Day quiz at King Edwards Grammar School.
- Young Entrepreneurs – Children are given the opportunity to realise and develop their entrepreneurial skills through business projects. A select group manage and run the Social Enterprise Hub at break times every day.
- Music Tuition – Our talented musicians in KS2 receive specialist tuition by the Birmingham Music Service in playing keyboard, violins or cornets every Thursday before the school day begins.
- Citizenship & Leadership programme – Free The Children UK work alongside us to run a number of programmes at Adderley, featuring assemblies and workshops to educate our children about local and global issues. Our talented speakers take part in the Youth Summit and We Day to identify issues that they are passionate about and develop tangible action plans to make a difference in their local and global communities. The Youth Summit is an integral part of our ‘7 Habits’ PSHE enrichment curriculum and through it we have earned our way to We Day UK, which takes place annually at Wembley Arena in london.
- Radio Adderley – Our group of broadcasters work at our very own radio station to inform and entertain their audience! The radio team have been trained by BBC Radio WM presenter, Arshia Riaz, and work hard to convey the voice of the children at Adderley.