At Adderley Primary School we believe that children thrive in an environment in which they are happy, challenged and secure.
We aim to provide the best primary education in a stimulating and creative environment, so that every child realises his or her potential. We will instill a love of learning inspired by quality first teaching, nurturing and developing individual strengths and talents. We will encourage and celebrate creativity, original thinking and imagination as well as effort and achievement . We will teach the importance of moral values and consideration of others.
Our children, when they leave us at year 6 will be confident, collaborative and independent young people ready to succeed and enjoy the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead of them.
Our overarching aim is to prepare all of our children with the knowledge, skills and values they will need to play their part as responsible citizens within the communities in which they live and learn.More info
We are a good school. Our last Ofsted Inspection report can be found here.
Our main priorities as part of the School Development Plan for this academic year are as follows...
- Raise standards and accelerate progress in reading from KS1 to KS2 in line with national figures for all key groups, including boys, girls, disadvantaged, non-disadvantaged, SEND, EAL and most able.
- Embed reasoning and problem solving in mathematics through a mastery approach across school.
- Embed curriculum intent and implementation to prepare every child for future learning and success in life.
- Leadership and management ensure that highly focused and effective professional development translates into improvements in the teaching of the curriculum.
broad and balanced
We are an inclusive school and we follow the statutory Programmes of Study from the new National Curriculum 2014 and promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of children. You can read more about the subjects we offer by clicking here.
creative cross-curricular approach
We believe in constructing the best possible learning for our children. Hence, we have adopted an inspirational and exciting way to teach the National Curriculum through the Cornerstones Imaginative Learning Projects. These projects enable our children to transfer their skills between subjects and engender curiosity and creativity.
in depth enrichment
As part of our curriculum innovation, we offer a broad range of in-depth learning experiences for our children. You can read more about the projects that our talented learners are undertaking by clicking here.
Strategic Leadership Team:
- On these pages you will find information about all aspects of the school. If you can't find what you are looking for, please don't hesitate to contact us using the contact form on the website....